Six Easy Winter Skincare Tips
Winter months can bring on excessively dry and dull skin for many people. Plummeting humidity levels and temperature drops are mainly to blame. Taking care of our body's largest organ, the skin plays a huge role in your health. Keeping the skin hydrated and nourished will help it defend off toxins, air pollutants, and even sickness when using functional skincare. Maintaining our skin's microbiome, the protective barrier, will also defend against premature aging, wrinkles and dark spots.
Ready to rejuvenate your skin to healthy and luminescent with Six Easy Winter Skincare Tips?
- Ditch over scrubbing the skin and using harsh soaps and chemicals that strip the skins protective barrier and zap it of all moisture. Opt for a gentle and more effective oil cleansing method that will clean and nourish the skin.
- Turn back the temperature dial in the shower and bath avoiding super hot water. Try adding moisturizing oils and magnesium salts to baths.
- Pat your skin dry after showering and apply moisturizers and or body oils onto damp skin to help trap moisture in.
- Use plant-based skincare that feeds the skin, avoiding toxic fragrances, dyes, and other known toxic ingredients. Choose products with zero alcohol or preservatives that are ultra drying to the skin.
- Add probiotic skincare to your routine to feed your skins protective barrier from the outside.
- Your skin is 64% water, dehydration shows up first on the skin. Drink plenty of fluids and eat foods that are rich in healthy fats and skin-boosting minerals. Drink a minimum of 64oz of water a day.
- Heaters and air conditioners can zap the moisture out of the air inside your home and work. Try adding a humidifier to these areas you spend a lot of time. Or using a small personal facial steamer.
Keeping the skin radiant, strong and glowing all year can be achieved with a consistent clean skincare routine. Remembering to feed the skin all the nutrients it craves on the inside and the outside.